Wednesday 21 September 2011

Vintage Dress

Hello,

That's the first dress I've made.





For the last few years I am in love with 1950 style. Thought I'll make a dress but was not ready to spend too much on patterns or material.
For the pattern I've searched the web and came up with this gorgeous free vintage dress sewing pattern http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/1486_couture/create.php
I have even printed it out at home. Had to cut out the margins and glue it all up together.... I would sugest doing at the printers on a bigger paper format. Will save you time and you will be sure you have exact measurements.
I bought polka dot fabric from ebay. I got it very cheep... the color washed off after first wash, even before starting sewing. As I look at it now I am very happy with the outcome as the faded fabric gives that vintage feeling. :)
The design is really cute.

Big bow at the back


Huge pockets on both sides. My husband managed to put in the few A4 paper while we were out for a walk and did not have a handbag at the time :)



I have made it even a bit longer than the original pattern.



I think it came out lovely. Goes well with red belt and shoes.



1 comment: