Saturday 24 September 2011

Multi Way Dress

Again could not find a dress for myself. We were going on holiday end of the summer. All shops had sale, but not many to choose from.
Was disappointed... after I got tired from the shops, I remembered of some stretchy fabric I have originally bought for a top. Good I bought some extra at the time as it was on sale.
So sat down one evening... Well it took me two evenings to have a finished dress :)))



It is very easy to make. I've chosen to go for extra long, but its everybody's own choice. 

The fabric I had was 155cm in width.

1 - So the first thing to do is to measure from underneath breasts till the floor. The cut it bend in half and sew sides together. That's it your bottom part done. :)

2 - Next step. Measure around your ribcage, just below your breasts. Cut out a 5-6cm width strap to go around your ribcage. Sow both sides together. Middle part done.

3 - So bottom and middle parts together. Do small equal pleats all the way round.

4 - Top part. Measure from in between your breasts till the underarm. Add 4-5cm for overlapping, and another few cm if required for pleating. I cut out two pieces of 26cm x 155cm(width of my fabric).

5 -  Sew two top pieces to the middle piece by overlapping in the middle and pleating if required.

That's it. Your dress is done.

You can wear it in many different ways.


Front
Back



Front
Back



Front
Back



Front
Back



Front
Back

1 comment:

  1. Ra-mi, I think your dress is beautiful and the fabric you had was perfect, with enough drape to make the rolling up part on top look great. Pat on the back!

    ReplyDelete